Thank you to the lovely Miss V for nominating my blog as one which makes her think. I am really flattered and delighted.
I have decided to move to WordPress because so many other bloggers recommend it – including Miss V and Iain, listed below here. I think Ninglun provided the straw which broke the camel’s back with this post!
As for blogs which make me think? Miss V makes me think, but I don’t know if you’re allowed to nominate people who have nominated you? I would nominate her if she hadn’t nominated me.
So, now I have to nominate five blogs that make me think:
1. The Blonde Canadian – the lovely -k writes great posts about all sorts of things – life, friendship, teaching, politics. She’s alerted me to a number of interesting things (bullying in the cyber age, “Purity Balls” in the US, looking at three beautiful things a day, ANZAC day…)
2. Spanblather – Span is such a prodigious blogger. She puts so much energy and thought into her posts. There’s so many posts I don’t know which ones to single out. I do love a thoughtful lefty. She looks at feminism, religion and all kinds of other interesting things.
3. Iain Hall – Iain has been much maligned by some on the left because of flamewars in the past (which he now disavows). Nevertheless, as far as I am concerned, Iain is a good person. He always makes me think, even when I disagree totally with him. He is also willing to enter into a discussion (which is rare on either the right or the left).
4. Halfway between Cu Mau and Sai Gon – OTT doesn’t post often, but I always enjoy her posts when she does. I get the feeling she’s a kindred spirit (lawyer, bookish, interested in life generally). I’m glad she’s started posting again even though she’s moved to the UK.
5. Junior Lawyers’ Union – A blog about the problems with law firms and issues arising therein. It got me thinking a lot in the early days of my blogging career.
There are so many Honourable Mentions, too. I found it so hard to whittle my list down to five blogs. I also like to read A Roll of the Dice, Armagnac’d, Planet Irf, J F Beck, Catallaxy, Club Troppo, Tales from the Reading Room, Personal Reflections and Managing the Professional Services Firm. There are lots of others too, including some of the other big political blogs, which always make me think.
The blogosphere is a vibrant place; so many creative and inspirational thoughts flying around. Thanks for all who’ve shared my blog with me – please continue to visit me at my new and improved premises!
Here are the rules of participation for those of you I’ve tagged:
- if, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
- link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
- optional: proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ logo with a link to the post that you wrote